Dr. Tenzin Deche Kartsang born in 1962 is a qualified doctor in Tibetan Medicines (Sowa Rigpa). He obtained his medical training from eminent masters like late Prof. Bhashi Phuntsok Wangyal, principal Tibetan Medical Collage, late Dr. Lobsang Choephel & Dr. Pasang Yonten Arya etc. Dr. Kartsang qualified his graduation degree in BTMS (Kachupa) in 1986. He also took a five years degree course in Sowa Rigpa Pharmacology (1986-1991) specializing in the preparation of Ngulchu Tsothel under the guidance of eminent master like Late Prof. Tenzin Namgyal, the Chief Pharmacology dept. of TMAI and under the guidance of late Dr. Tenzin Choedrak, the Chief Personal Physician of His Holiness The Dalai Lama he learnt all skills of diagnose & treatments. Dr. Kartsang qualified his Menrampa Chungwa degree in year 1998 and Menrampa Dignwa (MD) degree in 2009.
Dr. Kartsang has been working with Tibetan Medical & Astro Institute (TMAI) as a Tibetan doctor since 1986. At present he is the Chief Medical Officer of Branch Clinic in at Nizamuddin, New Delhi where he sees in an average 70 patients a day.
Conducted research on effectiveness of Tibetan Medicines (Sowa Rigpa) on various diseases like:
1. Arthritis & Rheumatism in Europe & same was documented.
2. Research on cancer patients.
3. Now is the supervisor of the ongoing research on Diabetic Patients in Delhi.
Dr. Kartsang represented TMAI for several National & International programs like:
1. The World Peace Congress 2010 in Thailand.
2. First ever organized Tibetan Festival in Moscow,Russia
3. The yearlong programme to observe 50 years of Tibetan in Exile, he was one of the main member of the organizing committee.
4. Recently in Delhi has given consultation to over 100 Russian guests who came to India for teaching by H H The Dalai Lama.
Workshops / Conferences & activities:
1. Member organizing committee for National Seminar on “Sowa Rigpa (Science of Healing) Medical System and & Medical Plants in Himalayan Region 2003
2. Conducted several national & international workshops and seminar including the National Campaign on Ayurveda &Siddha for Generic Health Care, Management of Herbal Wealth of India & the First International Congress on Tibetan Medicines “a dialogue between Traditional Tibetan Medicines and Western Science in Washington DC for 3 days in 1998
3. Was also Station Consultative Committee Member of Northern Railway of India.
4. Participated in the US Embassy New Delhi Health Fair held at US Embassy New Delhi and gave consultation to about 80 staff members of Embassy in one day
5. Member of creating MD syllabus for medical students of Central University of Tibetan Studies, Varanasi
1. Been faculty member of Central University of Tibetan Studies Varanasi since 2005
2. Was the Chief Examiner of TMAI for the final year Kachupa Degree and entrance exam for the new batch medical students in year 1991.
3. Took the charge of TMAI branch clinic in MajnuKaTilla in Old Delhi from 1992 to 1996 as Chief Medical Officer.
4. 1996 to 1999 was posted as the first residential Doctor for TMAI Dutch Foundation for Tibetan Medicines in Netherlands (Europe) where he treated over 10,000 European patients.
5. Became member of Natural Therapy Board (VNT) in Europe and many of his patients got benefited from several insurance companies in Europe.
6. 1998 Opened second TMAI clinic in Netherland for large no. of patients from other European countries like; Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria & France etc.
Certificates & Awards:
1. Gold Medal of the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines in India
2. Indira Gandhi IFJa Honour Award
3. Appreciation certificate from Northern Railway of India
Meanwhile visited European countries like France, Germany, Holland, Finland, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Portugal etc. & other countries like: Switzerland, United State, Russia and Uzbakistan to see patients & deliver lectures.